Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A quick story from a couple months ago:

Last Saturday night I was quite upset- I would be missing both of my dance classes this week. I was so upset by this and numerous other things that I actually shed a couple tears! The next morning I woke up and the sadness continued. I went to church only half-heartedly, realized I didn't need to be there, and went home to just be with the Lord in peace. I tried to calm myself down, quiet myself, but not with any particular success. I moved inside with a big blanket and curled up with Jesus. I was reading "Hinds' Feet for High Places", and in it the main character finds herself completely at the mercy of her enemies- self-pity, pride, fear, i can't remember the others. She is helpless and alone and afraid and without hope. then she calls to the Shepherd and He destroys her enemies and saves her. I read this section then turned to Jesus. "I know that my circumstances are different than the main character's, but Lord, I have so many things burdening me here. Won't you come and save me?"

"Yes," He replied. "Go to sleep now and when you wake up they will all be gone." At the thought of this I couldn't even believe it! Is that even possible? No way.
So I asked, "Lord, do you promise me?"
"Yes. Just rest now and I will take care of it." I was in shock! He wasn't just going to help me, He was going to do something miraculous! All i have to do is fall asleep and He will wipe things clean! Only then I felt a thrill of excitement and anxiety in me. Excitement at the thought of Him relieving me, anxiety at the thought of Him not coming through for His promise.

"Do you believe me Natalie?" I thought about this. Then replied,
"Yes Lord, I believe you will do this. Only now I don't think I ca fall asleep!" And those were the last words I remember thinking because the next thing that happened was I fell fast asleep! The sort of sleep that is solid and dreamless, the kind when you drool all over. Then next thing I knew, Dad was knocking on the door and an hour had passed. I sat up and discovered that just as He promised, everything was lifted form me! And in place He gave me joy! For no particular reason, with no explanation.

My Lord is amazing and good. He filled me instead with determination and joy to continue seeking Him with everything in me. This is my faithful Lord.

1 comment:

  1. You had this and you gave me the Toad and Frog story!!! That's okay, I now have both of them to relish.

    ReplyDelete